Living Each Day Fully - Butterflies' Freedom

The Black Tiger butterfly lives but 6 months, and does so with exuberance in a full fanfare of colour and vitality. Let us always remember that we don't know how long we've got and live fully each moment.
While we were in the thick of the CoVid scare and everyone was in forced lock down, we had millions upon millions of Blue Tiger butterflies fluttering about. I mean, you'd drive your car and sometimes there would be so many that it would be impossible not to hit them. I'd go for my daily exercise walk and they would be fluttering all around me. They even were flying over the beaches and when swimming they would fly past my face.
Traditionally, the butterfly is a symbol of freedom. A curious sign to receive in the height of those days of mass fear. Certainly the Black Tiger butterflies lifted my spirits every day, filling me with hope and assuring me that with time, bans would be lifted and once again we would carry about our daily lives without an invisible threat looming over us, waiting to strike all that I hold dear at any moment.
May all beings have the freedom to live full lives 

Comments